Schneider Electric invites you to its fourth annual Go Green in the City global business case challenge. Enter for a chance to revolutionize energy management and gain unique insight into one of the leading global energy management companies.
The top twelve teams will travel to Paris where they will compete to win a trip around the world and a career opportunity at Schneider Electric*.
Who is Eligible to Compete?
- Business and engineering* students, aged eighteen (18) years of age or older, pursuing their bachelor’s (at least 2nd year), master’s or MBA degree are eligible to compete.
- Go Green in the City 2014 is open to 2-member teams with at least 1 female member (note: both members must comply with the degree requirements stated above).
- Both of the team members must study in the same country for the duration of the competition. They are not, however, required to be from the same university, nor are they required to study the same subject or be in the same year, as long as they are not in their first year of their undergraduate education.
- Teams from all over the world are welcome to compete.
No exceptions can be made regarding the terms of the eligibility requirements.
English competency is required.*All branches of engineering and business programs are accepted. Some examples of accepted business and engineering degrees are economics, communication, graphic design, biological engineering, and mathematics. Please contact us if you are unsure whether your degree is accepted.
How it Works
Phase 1: Competition Application
Complete missions, work on your case and get social! The first step of the challenge includes both individual and team tasks.
Create your account here and confirm your account. Now you’re ready to take on the challenge!
Find your team member with whom you will revolutionize the energy management industry! Your team member must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Form your team by inviting your partner from the team page and come up with a team name. See instructions below.
Complete the Missions
Take the game quiz to explore the world of Schneider Electric and unlock the challenge – gain unique insights into one of the leading energy management companies. Learn and get expert tips for your case!
You will be given the option of completing several missions within Schneider Electric’s core areas. Each mission consists of a set of timed multiple-choice questions (5-7). You will receive 100 points for each correct answer.
You must complete at least one mission to unlock the challenge.
For each mission completed you will receive expert advice that will help you formulate a great case!
Before starting the missions you will get a chance to read up on the specific areas to help you improve your results.
Submit a Great Idea for Intelligent Energy Management in the City
Showcase your idea for how to revolutionize the energy industry!
The case challenge will be unlocked when you solve your first mission. Work on to the case together with your partner and submit your idea in one of the formats described below. When you are ready, upload the case to the Team page.
Find inspiration for your case here.
The deadline for your idea submission is 11:59 PM, Hong Kong Time, February 15, 2014. Please make sure to check what the deadline time is in your country here.
Complete Your Profile Page
Fill in your Profile page and submit your CV and statement of purpose (see accepted formats below). You should also upload a photo of yourself (passport size 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm).
Finalize Your Competition Application!
When you have uploaded your case and finalized your Profile page, you will be prompted to finalize your competition application. This is done on your Team page (see below).
Share on Social Media
Tell the world about your participation in Go Green in the City 2014! Share the results of your performance in the Missions and encourage your friends to show their support by writing a recommendation for your team!
Go social with your participation as there will be a Social Media Award for the lucky winners who can collect the most recommendations!
The Team Page
On the Team page you can form your team by inviting your friend and registering a team name, you can also upload your case and view your team score.
From the Team page you can access your Public Results page, which is your team’s online certificate showing your team score in the challenge. Share this with your friends on social media! You can also invite friends to take part in the challenge via Facebook or email.
Please note that you need to fill in the required fields on the Profile page before you can access the Team page.
On the Team page you will fill in all required fields and finalize your competition application. Please note that both team members need to finalize the Profile page in order to finalize your competition application.
The Team page is accessible from your Dashboard.
- 2 A4 size sheets in Word or PDF, max. 200 words, file size max. 15 MB
- 1 Power Point Presentation, max. 2 slides including images & text, max. 15 MB
Make sure the documents you are submitting are either .pdf or .jpg and do not exceed the 15 MB limit. Furthermore, do not name them using special characters (such as á,à,ä,ó).
The case attachment should be named in the following way:
Team member 1 first name_Team member 1 last name_Team member 2 first name_Team member 2 last name_Team name
The CV should be named in the following way:
First name_Last name_CV_ Team name
- John_Smith_CV_ Green_Heros
- We_Zhang_CV_ Energy_soldiers
The statement of purpose letter should be named in the following way: First name_Last name_statement of purpose_Team name
- John_Smith_statement of purpose_ Green_Heros
- We_Zhang_ statement of purpose_Energy_Soldiers
Go Green Champs
Every second week (from 15 Nov to 15 Feb) Schneider Electric will select the Go Green Champs—the team that has the highest score at 12:00 noon on Fridays.
The team score is the sum of your and your partner’s points received from solving the missions. 100 points will be awarded for each correct multiple-choice question.
See here what you can win if you are selected as a Go Green Champ. The teams with the top scores will be displayed on the leaderboard. The Go Green Champs will be announced on social media so be sure to follow us.
Social Media Winner
There will be a lucky draw winner selected based on the social media activity, so let's get connected and go social with your participation!
Phase 2: Mentoring & Semi-finals
With the help of a mentor from Schneider Electric, the top 100 teams selected by Schneider Electric will create a written synopsis & video business case of their idea.
- Each team will be assigned a Schneider Electric employee mentor who will help them develop their business case.
- Each team should submit a written synopsis in a word document, maximum 800 words.
- Each team should also submit a 2-minute video business case.
- The presented idea needs to be similar to what you submitted in Phase 1.
- Please follow the rules for the accepted formats.
- Digital interview – virtual internship interviews.
Phase 3: The Final Event
Travel to Paris, France and get to know the people of Schneider Electric! A great opportunity to network with Schneider Electric experts and executives, attend career-building workshops and also give your best shot at claiming the grand prize.
- Your mentor will help you prepare for the final event.
- The top twelve teams will fly to Paris in June 2014 on an all-expenses paid trip.
- During the finals all teams will present their case live to the prominent jury.
Important Dates View timeline for East Asia
February 15Idea submission deadline
March 1Top 100 teams announced
March 2Mentors for semi-finals will be assigned
March 31Synopsis and video submission due (semi-finals)
April 17Finalists announced
April 17 -
June 16Mentorship continues until the final
June 17-21Final event in Paris